A recipe for the showstopper Carrot Halwa Pancakes with Ice Cream. This is Mira’s own (somewhat easier and healthier) take on a sumptuous Indian dessert called Malpua. It tastes like carrot halwa pancakes with a dollop of ice cream!
The original recipe for is featured in Mira’s book Saffron Soul. There’s currently a 30% discount on her cookbook for Diwali until Sunday over on chaibymira.com. Use code ITSDIWALI at the checkout to get a signed book copy for just £14.
What you’ll need:
- 2 grated carrots 60g oats, ground (oat flour)
- 60g almond flour
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 70ml almond milk or any
- 6-8 dates
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or any sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, if you have pinch of black pepper
- Extra ghee to make the pancakes
How to make it:
- Simply combine all the ingredients, make small patties and cook in ghee.
- Serve hot with a large dollop of ice cream!
Happy Diwali to you all xx
She grew up speaking Gujarati and learned Sanskrit at school. Her first book, Saffron Soul, is a cookbook inspired by the vegetarian food of the Gujarat region. Her second book Prajna focuses on rituals, Ayurveda, happiness and spirituality.
Mira has her own chai brand called Chai by Mira (@chaibymira), hosts events and retreats and is a health coach and breathwork practitioner