From Eight4Nine Restaurant in Greater Palm Springs.
1 lb fresh ahi tuna (find at local grocery store)
1 1⁄2 cup Kimchi (drained)
3 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs shallots (diced)
1 tbs scallions (diced) 1⁄2 tsp Kosher salt
1 avocado (diced)
1 Carrot (julienned)
1 Cucumber (julienned)
1 container Horse radish sprouts (or celery)
1 cup Miso ginger sauce
- Dice tuna in small cubes (dice to liking).
- In a bowl, mix tuna, kimchi, sesame oil, shallots, scallions, salt, and avocado until tuna is well coated and set aside.
- In a plate of your liking, place carrots, cucumber and horseradish sprout and arrange as illustrated.
- Do the same with tuna.
- Place brown rice at the center of the plate and top with miso ginger sauce.
1 Napa Cabbage (chopped) 2 scallion stems (chopped)
1⁄2 cup sesame oil
4 cup rice vinegar
1⁄4 cup fresh ginger (minced)
1⁄4 cup Sesame seed
1⁄2 Sambal (add more if you like heat)
- Using gloves, combine; cabbage, green onions, sesame seeds and fresh ginger in a large bowl.
- Pour together; Rice vinegar, sesame oil, sambal into bowl, making sure that all dry ingredients are covered in liquid.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Set at room temp for 24 hours to initiate the fermentation processes and store in refrigerator.
- Enjoy Kimchi in, soups, ahi poke, fried rice and so many more dishes!
- Miso Ginger Sauce
1 tbs Miso paste (find in Local grocery store)
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 tbs fresh ginger (minced)
Combine all ingredients and whisk in a bowl until well incorporated.
In partnership with Greater Palm Springs
It’s time to live your “wellest.” That’s what we’ve always done in this magical, sun-kissed oasis. Since the days of the earliest Native American settlers, we’ve created a destination for wellness. Besides our legendary hot springs, there are more than 1,000 miles of breathtaking trails for epic hikes, ancient waterfalls and light-filled spas surrounded by whispering palms. Whatever brings you joy, you’ll find it here. Greater Palm Springs: nine resort cities, one “wellest” oasis.