Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteering at Wanderlust 108
The volunteer requirement for Wanderlust 108 is one 5-hour shift on the day of the event.
Volunteers who complete a 5-hour shift at Wanderlust 108 will receive:
- A volunteer T-shirt
- Repayment of your $15 deposit
- 20% off at the Wanderlust merchandise tent
- An event gift bag with over $80 worth of products (the same one Premium ticket holders get).
It’s a good question that deserves a good answer. Every year, some people commit to being volunteers but then ghost us on the day of the event. This is extremely disruptive and affects our ability to produce a great event. The simple workaround is this:
- You pay $15 to apply.
- If you’re accepted, our volunteer coordinator will be in touch to schedule your shift. If you commit, you’re a Wanderlust volunteer!
- If you’re not accepted, or you decide not to commit within 30 days of the event, we refund you.
- If you show up and work your shift, you get your benefits (see above) and we refund your $15.
In short, the only way you’ll actually pay the $15 is if you’re accepted, commit to working, and then fail to show up. The $15 is only to make sure you’re serious about working with us. We appreciate your understanding.
Yes, but only if you are accepted to work the day before. We have a limited number of volunteer positions for the days leading up to the event, and a limited number of morning shifts on the day of the event. Unfortunately, that means that not everyone will get their choice, so some of you will be needed to work during the event.
If your shift is not during the group fitness, yoga or meditation portion of the event, then you may participate. All you need is your volunteer t-shirt to get access. As noted above, we cannot promise that your shift will not be during the mindful triathlon portion of the event.