Wanderlust 108 Toronto - Important Information
We’re so excited for Wanderlust Toronto, and we hope you are too!
Read on for information you need to know before you arrive.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
9:30 AM –5:00 PM EDT
Check in and bag check and Kula Market open at 9:30 AM, and the event starts at 11 AM! Upon your arrival to Olympic Island Park, look for directional signage pointing to the Registration tents to pick up your stick-on bib. You will be able to check your bag and yoga mat while you run. Wanderlust 108 is a rain or shine event.
Important Ferry Information:
Your Wanderlust 108 Ticket does NOT include a ferry ticket. We recommend you pre-purchase your ferry ticket here. You MUST have a printed copy of your pre-purchased ticket to board the ferry. Those without printed ferry tickets will be required to re-purchase at the ticket booth at the ferry docks. Pre-purchased ferry tickets will only be valid between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM on Saturday June 27 2015. We will not be able to accommodate refunds for forgotten tickets or pre-purchased ferry tickets presented after 10:30AM.
The Jack Layton Ferry Terminal is located at 9 Queen’s Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2H3. You’ll find the ferries at the foot of Bay Street at Queen’s Quay West, just west of the Westin Harbour Castle hotel. Enter the Ferry Terminal via the walkway between the Westin Harbour Castle hotel and the Harbour Castle condominiums.
Normal travel time by ferry to and from the Toronto Islands is about 15 minutes in each direction. We recommend taking the 9 or 9:30 am ferries. The arrival time of these ferries will give you plenty of time to check your bags and participate in the pre-run festivities before your “mindful triathlon” officially starts.
Directions to Ferry Terminal From TTC:
From Union Station take 509 Harbourfront or 510 Spadina streetcar south, or Bay Bus #6 southbound from Front Street and Bay Street, to the Bay Street Queen’s Quay stop. Entrance to ferry docks is on south side of the street, west of Westin Harbour Castle hotel.
Directions to Ferry Terminal From 401:
Follow signs for Don Valley Parkway/Downtown/Centre-ville and merge onto Don Valley Parkway South. Take the Gardiner Expressway West exit. Take the Yonge Street exit toward Bay Street. Merge onto Lake Shore Boulevard East. Turn left onto Bay Street.
Directions to Ferry Terminal From Gardiner Expressway:
Take the Yonge Street exit toward Bay Street. Merge onto Lake Shore Boulevard. Turn onto Bay Street.
Uber, the app that connects you with a reliable driver at the tap of a button, will be offering new users their first ride free,
up to $20 to or from Wanderlust 108.
Follow these steps to create your Uber account:
1. Sign up here using the code Uber108TOR or go to uber.com/go/Uber108TOR.
2. Download the free app for iPhone, Android or Windows.
3. Sign into your account, and request your ride when you’re ready to go!
PARKING & BIKES
- There are ample places to lock your bike within walking distance of the Ferry Terminal.
- There is ample parking within walking distance of the Ferry Terminal. You can’t drive to the island itself.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your photo ID and PDF ticket, printed or digital, to check in upon arrival.
- Print out of your pre-paid ferry ticket.
- Please remember to come prepared with your sneakers and a yoga mat!
- We want you to enjoy the sun, but stay safe in it, too. Since you’ll be outdoors, don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and reusable water bottle.
- If you want to store your mat and belongings during the run, you’re welcome to bring a backpack. See below for more info on bag check.
- Your phone loaded with the Wanderlust – Find Your True North app. It’s your passport in your pocket for Wanderlust 108 Toronto.
- Layers: Yes, it’s summer, but Toronto temperatures still tend to fluctuate in July. On Saturday, the high in Toronto is expected to be 19° C, with a low of 15° C, and there is a chance of rain and wind. Bring your hoodie or a light jacket and a raincoat. The triathlon will go on rain or shine. If there is lightning we’ll postpone until we have been in the clear for 30 minutes.
Bag check will be available for all attendees, though all items must be contained in a bag in order to be checked, and you will need to provide your bag check ticket number to redeem your items. You’re welcome to pick up your items after the yoga class.
|9:30 AM||Check in + Gear Check|
|9:30 AM||Kula Market Opens|
|11:00 AM||Pre-Run Stretch|
|11:00 AM – 12:30 PM||5K Run|
|12:35 – 1:15 PM||Yoga + Dance Party w/ Amber J & DJ Hyfi|
|1:15 – 2:00 PM||Yoga w/ Ichih Wang|
|2:00 – 2:30 PM||Meditation w/ Kate Potter|
|2:30 – 5:00 PM||AcroYoga + Hooping + More|