Wanderlust 108 Edmonton - Important Information
We’re so excited for Wanderlust 108 Edmonton, and we hope you are too!
Read on for information you need to know before you arrive.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
9:30 AM –5:00 PM MDT
Registration, gear check and Kula Market open at 9:30 AM, and the event starts at 11 AM! Upon your arrival to Louise McKinney Riverfront Park, look for directional signage pointing to Registration to pick up your stick-on bib. You will be able to check your bag and yoga mat while you run. Wanderlust 108 is a rain or shine event.
DIRECTIONS TO LOUISE MCKINNEY RIVERFRONT PARK FROM CENTRAL STATION (100 ST NW):
Head south on 100 St NW, turn left at McDougall Hill Rd NW the park will be on your left (approximately a 14-minute walk)
DIRECTIONS TO LOUISE MCKINNEY RIVERFRONT PARK FROM SOUTHWEST EDMONTON:
Follow AB-216 E and AB-2 N to Calgary Trail NW Northbound/ Gateway Blvd NW
Continue on Gateway Blvd NW, Louise McKinney Riverfront Park will be on the left
DIRECTIONS TO LOUISE MCKINNEY RIVERFRONT PARK FROM NORTHEAST EDMONTON:
Follow Alberta Hospital Rd NW and 18 St NW to Manning Dr NW/AB-15 S
Continue on Manning Dr NW to Fort Rd NW
Continue on Fort Rd NW, Louise McKinney Riverfront Par will be on the left
DIRECTIONS TO LOUISE MCKINNEY RIVERFRONT PARK USING ETS:
Use the ETS Trip Planner to route your way to Louise McKinney Riverfront Park from your location
TAKE AN UBER:
Uber, the app that connects you with a reliable driver at the tap of a button, will be offering new users their first ride free, up to $20 to or from Wanderlust 108.
Follow these steps to create your Uber account:
1. Sign up here using the code Uber108ED or go to uber.com/go/Uber108ED.
2. Download the free app for iPhone, Android or Windows.
3. Sign into your account, and request your ride when you’re ready to go!
PARKING & BIKES
- There are plenty of places to lock your bike within walking distance of the park.
- Ample parking within walking distance of Louise McKinney Riverfront Park in downtown Edmonton and Riverdale.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your photo ID and PDF ticket, printed or digital, to check in upon arrival.
- Please remember to come prepared with your sneakers and a yoga mat!
- We want you to enjoy the sun, but stay safe in it, too. Since you’ll be outdoors, don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and reusable water bottle. There is a water refill station on site.
- If you want to store your mat and belongings during the run, you’re welcome to bring a backpack or bag. See below for more info on gear check.
- Your phone loaded with the Wanderlust – Find Your True North app. It’s your passport in your pocket for Wanderlust 108 Edmonton.
- Layers: Yes, it’s summer, but Edmonton temperatures fluctuate in August. On Saturday, the high in Edmonton is expected to be 24° C, with a low of 11° C. Bring your hoodie or a light jacket. The triathlon will go on rain or shine. If there is lightning we’ll postpone until we have been in the clear for 30 minutes.
Gear check will be available for all attendees, though all items must be contained in a bag in order to be checked, and you will need to provide your gear check ticket number to redeem your items. You’re welcome to pick up your items after the run.
|9:30 AM||Registration + Gear Check|
|9:30 AM||Kula Market Opens|
|11:00 AM||Pre-Run Stretch|
|11:00 AM – 12:30 PM||5K Run|
|12:35 – 1:15 PM||Yoga + Dance Party w/ Eoin Finn & DJ Taz Rashid|
|1:15 – 2:00 PM||Yoga w/ Myrah Penaloza|
|2:00 – 2:30 PM||Meditation w/ Kate Potter|
|2:30 – 5:00 PM||AcroYoga + Hooping + Slacklining + More|