Life keeps us busy so that we stay on our toes. It’s a good thing, but sometimes we need a little pick-me-up—a reminder of what is really important in life and of how valuable taking time for ourselves really is. If you spent 5-10 minutes every day reminding yourself of how wonderful you are and what you hold to be most valuable in life, day-to-day life activities would come with more enjoyment and ease.
Here are some of the things I try to live by and remind myself of every day. I encourage you to write down your own daily reminders and read them each morning before you start your day.
10 Daily Reminders
1. Know that you are powerful beyond your recognition.
2. Your thoughts become reality. Be positive!
3. Forgiveness leads to love.
4. Life is short, don’t sweat the small stuff.
5. Love yourself unconditionally.
6. Every day is a new day. Start fresh and let go of the past.
7. The darkest moments in life only make us stronger.
8. Believe in miracles.
9. Be fearless in your convictions.
10. Follow your own path.
Photo by Amy Hart.
Zuzu Perkal is an independent artist, photographer, yoga instructor, and adventure enthusiast in Austin, Texas. Her days are filled with coffee, paint, and daydreams. She believes mistakes are simply a beautiful opportunity for growth and that our own life experiences serves as our most valuable teachers. Zuzu recently graduated from Wanderlust’s first Teacher Training Program and is on a mission to continually expand her consciousness while following her journey down the yogic path. She is currently experimenting with the concept of a floating yoga studio and mixed medium practice.