“The way we experience the fruits of our actions have everything to do with the motives with which we perform them.” – Sally Kempton
In this Speakeasy talk from Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2014, Sally Kempton dispels common misconceptions regarding karma and leads a guided meditation for cleansing and releasing negative energy.
As an active member of the first-wave feminist movement, Sally Kempton started her career as a journalist in New York City. Her reporting beat focused on the arts, female empowerment, and popular culture. Immersed in the energy of the 1970s, spirituality was the last thing on her mind. Yet after an unexpected evening, one that would bring her steps further down the path to enlightenment, her direction changed. Karma intervened.
Kempton found herself drawn to the practice of Kundalini yoga. She became a student of Muktananda and relied on his teachings to develop her understanding of her place in life. Now a renowned teacher and spiritual guide, Kempton spreads her message of wisdom, love, and kindness throughout the world.
This lecture also discusses:
- The three types of karma: Prarabdha, Sanchita, and Agami (Kriyamana)
- How karma affects our life choices
- Residual energy and its effect on our past, present, and future paths
- Identifying and letting go of people to whom we are energetically connected
- Brief meditation and visualization exercises for cleansing and letting go
“Karma is the law of evolutionary causality.” – Sally Kempton