From the stunning bluEmber Restaurant at Omni Rancho Las Palmas in Greater Palm Springs.
4 6 oz pieces of salmon
1 oz ras al hanout spice
2 oz harissa romesco quinoa and vegetable saute
- Prepare the harissa romesco. (Recipe below!)
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and ras al hanout. Heat a large saute pan and sear salmon. Bake in 400° oven until medium.
- During that time, make the quinoa and vegetable saute. (Recipe below!)
- Artfully lay harissa pesto on a plate.
- Place quinoa and vegetable saute in the middle.
- Place salmon on top and garnish as you wish.
1/2 jar Mina brand harissa, hot or mild by preference
1/2 cup almonds
1.2 oz garlic
2 roma tomatoes
1 oz white balsamic vinegar
2 oz olive oil
Blend all ingredients together in a blender, add oil slowly to emulsify.
Quinoa and Veggie Saute
1⁄2 lb cooked quinoa
4 oz arugula
1 small can garbanzo beans
4 oz shredded carrots
4 oz golden raisins
1⁄2 oz chopped garlic
2 oz diced onion
2 oz roasted red pepper strips
2 oz olive oil
- Sweat garlic and onions together until translucent.
- Add garbanzo beans, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots.
- Add arugula and cook until wilted.
- Add raisins and quinoa.
- Season to taste.
In partnership with Greater Palm Springs
It’s time to live your “wellest.” That’s what we’ve always done in this magical, sun-kissed oasis. Since the days of the earliest Native American settlers, we’ve created a destination for wellness. Besides our legendary hot springs, there are more than 1,000 miles of breathtaking trails for epic hikes, ancient waterfalls and light-filled spas surrounded by whispering palms. Whatever brings you joy, you’ll find it here. Greater Palm Springs: nine resort cities, one “wellest” oasis.