From Morgan’s Restaurant at the famed La Quinta Resort in Greater Palm Springs.
2 Yellow Baby Carrots
2 Orange Baby Carrots
2 Purple Baby Carrots
4 oz of Baby Frisee Salad
4 oz of Baby Arugula Salad 1 Fennel Bulb
10 Chioggia Beets
2 big Red Beets Cooked
1 peeled Lemon
2 oz of Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp of Salt
5 oz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook 8 Chioggia beets in water with a bit of salt.
- After cooking; cool, peel and quarter them, and put them in a bowl.
- Cook the 2 big Red Beets in water till they are soft. Peel them and cut them in sixths.
- Blend 3 oz of the olive oil, the salt and the red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth
- Shave 2 Chioggia beets thin on a mandolin and put them on ice water.
- Shave the 3 kinds of baby carrots thin on a mandolin and put them in ice water.
- Cut the Fennel fronds of the Fennel bulb and save it for garnish.
- Shave the Fennel thin on the mandolin and put in ice water.
- Squeeze one lemon into a bowl and add the remaining Extra Virgin olive Oil, mix well together.
- Clean the arugula and frisee salad rinsing thoroughly.
- Put in a bowl and mix the 2 salads together.
- Divide the salad on 4 plates and garnish with the carrot and fennel shavings.
- Put some dots of the red beet puree around the salad.
- Garnish the salad also with 8 quarters of the cooked Chioggia beets
- Put a couple of the thin sliced Chioggia beets on top of the salad, and top with fennel fronds.
- Drizzle Lemon/Olive oil vinaigrette on and around the salad.
In partnership with Greater Palm Springs
It’s time to live your “wellest.” That’s what we’ve always done in this magical, sun-kissed oasis. Since the days of the earliest Native American settlers, we’ve created a destination for wellness. Besides our legendary hot springs, there are more than 1,000 miles of breathtaking trails for epic hikes, ancient waterfalls and light-filled spas surrounded by whispering palms. Whatever brings you joy, you’ll find it here. Greater Palm Springs: nine resort cities, one “wellest” oasis.