Wanderlust is a fully accessible event and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure that you have access to all festival amenities. We welcome and encourage feedback and suggestions.
The following explains services provided at our events. For any accessibility-related questions and/or needs please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you have an awesome experience at Wanderlust!
The event is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways throughout the venue including parking, yoga sessions, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas.
There are accessible pathways and routes throughout the venue. We encourage the use of personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Absolutely no personal golf carts will be allowed. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, a Wanderlust staff member will help you find a place to charge it. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
A separate ADA lot will be available with valid handicap placards, plates and/or permits, as well as the applicable proof that it belongs to them. Please follow signage or ask staff upon entering the festival how to access this lot.
Please Note: It is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s in order to gain access to ADA parking spots.
Persons with disabilities and their service dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at Wanderlust, as are those training service animals.
- Any service animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents them from using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
Effective Communication Requests
There will be several options available for ADA patrons who are hard of hearing or deaf. If you require an ASL Interpreter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Requests must be made no later than two weeks before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
If you would like a guided tour, please contact email@example.com. Requests for large font and Braille must be made at least one month in advance.
- Accessible Restrooms will be available throughout the venue.
- ATMs and Concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required please confer with a festival staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations that are noted on the festival maps. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: Wanderlust will have food vendors that provide gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the festival food service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible we encourage you to contact us email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about policies or our services please contact us.